If you’re trying to run the program and you’re getting an error message that says the api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll DLL is missing from your computer, you can use this guide to repair the missing DLL to Your program is working again.
When programs are created, they are linked to dynamic link libraries (DLLs), which contain the code the program needs to run properly. If a required DLL is missing, Windows will display a warning with the name of the missing DLL so you can try to fix the problem.
If you run the program and get the following error about missing api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll, you need to install the Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable Package by following the instructions below.
The program cannot start because api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to resolve this issue/
To fix api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll missing error on Windows, follow these steps:
- Go to the Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable by Microsoft page and click the icon Download button.
- You will be taken to a page where you will be asked to choose whether you want to download the 32-bit or 64-bit version of Windows. Select the desired version and click the button Next button. If you are not sure which version you need, you can use this guide to determine what you need.
- The file will now be downloaded to your computer. Once downloaded, double click the downloaded vc_redist.x64.exe file.
- The Microsoft Visual C++-2015 Redistributable screen appears and asks you to accept the license terms. Check the box “I agree” and click on the button Install button.
- If Windows prompts you to allow the program to make changes or continue, click Yes or Let button.
- Upon completion, the program will display a message stating that it has been successfully installed.
- Now you can close the installer.
If you already had the DLL installed and it still shows up as missing, you can download the above redistributable but do a repair this time.
Now you can try running the program that was giving you the error earlier and it should work again.